Soolantra (Ivermectin) Ivrea Cream
Soolantra (ivermectin) is used to treat rosacea. Rosacea is a disease that affects your skin and may cause redness or breakouts.
Symptoms of rosacea may include:
- Frequent redness or flushing of the face
- Small red lines under the skin
- Nose swelling
- Thickened skin on the forehead, chin, and cheeks
The cause of rosacea is unknown. People who blush frequently or have a family history of rosacea may be more likely to experience rosacea symptoms. There is no cure for rosacea, but treatment such as Soolantra (ivermectin) may decrease symptoms.
Soolantra is available as a topical cream that comes in one strength: 1%.
Soolantra cream is usually applied to affected areas of the face once daily.
Be sure to use Soolantra exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
Soolantra may not be safe for certain people who are:
- Pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed
- Children or adolescents under 18 years of age
Like all medications, Soolantra may cause side effects. The side effects of Soolantra are usually mild.
Common side effects may include:
- Skin burning sensation
- Skin irritation
Your doctor will prescribe Soolantra if its benefits outweigh your risks of side effects. For more information about the side effects of Soolantra, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
There are no known drug interactions with Soolantra.
Consider avoiding other skin products that may irritate your skin while using Soolantra.
Store Soolantra at room temperature between 68°F and 77°F (20°C and 25°C).
- Soolantra is for use on the face only.
- Do not apply Soolantra cream to your eyes, mouth, or genitals.
- Use a pea-sized amount of Soolantra cream for each area of your face (forehead, chin, nose, and cheeks). Spread the cream smoothly and evenly in a thin layer. Avoid your eyes and lips.
How long will it take Soolantra to work?
You should notice an improvement in your rosacea within 12 weeks of treatment.
I’ve used other treatments for rosacea that have irritated my skin. Will Soolantra cause skin irritation?
Skin burning and irritation are common side effects of Soolantra. However, Soolantra contains Cetaphil, a special moisturizing cream that helps minimize skin irritation.
IMPORTANT: The information above is for general health information and does not suggest treatment or diagnosis. This information is not a substitute for individual medical attention and should not be construed to indicate that use of the drug is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. See your health care professional for medical advice and treatment.
You can Buy this Medicine too: