Exelon (Rivastigmine) Use and Effects
Chemical Name: Rivastigmine (riv-a-STIG-meen)
Exelon medication is used to treat dementia (confusion) that is related to Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease. It also treats other symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease, but keep in mind that this drug does not cure any of the diseases mentioned above. Instead, it helps to improve memory, awareness, and the ability to help perform daily functions.
Exelon medication works by helping to restore the balance of natural substances in your brain. You can buy it from Canada Pharmacy.
Exelon medication is to be taken orally with food as directed by your physician. It can be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
The dosage of this drug depends on the severity of your medical condition and your response to treatment. To reduce the risk of side effects, your physician may advise you to start this drug at a low dose and then gradually increase it over 2 to 4 weeks.
The maximum dosage of this medication advised for adults is 6 milligrams twice a day.
Use this drug regularly to get more benefits. Make sure to take this drug at the same time every day. Do not stop using this drug without consulting your doctor and also do not overuse this drug either.
If you do not take this medication 3 days in a row, then talk to your physician before starting it again; you may need to restart with a reduced dose.
The active ingredient is Rivastigmine.
- Let your physician know about the medical treatments and medicines you are using.
- Let your doctor know if you have any allergies before using it.
- The drug might cause dizziness so do not drive or do any other activity that may require alertness.
- Tell your doctor about the medical history of the family including breathing or lung problems, stomach intestinal problems, heart disease, fainting, seizures, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Some common side effects of this medication include:
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
Keep in mind that your doctor has prescribed you this medication because its benefits to you are greater than the risk of side effects. Many people who use this medication do not have serious side effects.
However, if you undergo any serious side effects as mentioned below then notify your doctor immediately.
- Slow or irregular heartbeat
- Black stool
- Vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Severe stomach pain
- Trouble urinating