Information About Azulfidine Uses and Dosage
Azulfidine 500 mg belongs to a class of drugs called sulfa drugs. It is used to treat multiple kinds of bowel diseases such as moderate to severe ulcerative colitis and for rheumatoid arthritis in children and adults. Sulfasalazine 500 mg works by decreasing symptoms such as fever, stomach pain, diarrhea, and rectal bleeding and increase the time between attacks. Not only this, but it may also decrease the pain and swelling in large intestines as well as prevent damage to joints.
You can buy Azulfidine from Canada Pharmacy for the best of price, genuine product quality, and hassle-free shipping.
Take this medication by mouth (orally) with plenty of water, at least about 8 ounces. The dosage you must take should be as prescribed by your doctor. It is likely that the doctor main gradually increase the dose to prevent stomach upsets.
If you choose to use delayed-release tablets, ensure you’re taking them as a whole. Do not bite, chew or crush them as doing so can lead to stomach upsets. Ensure to drink plenty of fluids while using this medication for treatment.
Azulfidine tablets contain sulfasalazine 500 mg.
The following need to be taken care of when using Azulfidine 500 mg.
- May cause skin and urine to turn orangish-yellow. This is harmless; however, and will reverse once medications are stopped.
- Avoid using this drug if pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- Should not be used by breastfeeding mothers as may harm the nursing infant.
- It may make you sensitive to the sun, use protective clothing when going out.
- Avoid sunbathing, tanning booths, etc.
- It may make you dizzy, do not engage in activities such as driving until fully alert.
Possible side effects of Azulfidine 500 mg are as follows. However, these are only temporary and may go away once the treatment is completed.
- Upset stomach
- A headache
- Loss of appetite
- Lethargy and tiredness
- Temporary male infertility reverses once the medication is stopped.
Serious side effects are listed below. Medical attention should be taken as soon as these signs are noticed.
- Painful urination
- Blood in urine
- Body pains
- Unusual hunger
- Cold sweat
- Numbness of the hands and feet