Effexor XR Drug Side Effects & Interactions
Chemical Name: VENLAFAXINE (VEN-la-fax-een)
Effexor XR (Venlafaxine XR)
Effexor XR contains Venlafaxine. It is used to treat depression, social anxiety disorder, anxiety, and panic attacks. It may improve your mood and energy level and helps to restore your interest in daily living.
This drug helps decrease fear, anxiety, unwanted suicidal thoughts, and the number of panic attacks. Venlafaxine is known as a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI). This drug works by helping to restore the balance of natural chemical substance in the brain.
You can buy Effexor XR online from Canada Pharmacy. It is present in different doses which include Effexor XR 37.5mg, Effexor XR 75mg, and Effexor XR 150mg.
This drug is to be taken orally as directed by your doctor. It can usually be taken once a day with food. It can be given in the morning or evening.
Make sure not to crush, chew, or dissolve this medication as this might release the entire drug at once which may increase the risk of side effects. Do not split the tablet unless advised by your doctor otherwise.
Swallow the whole tablet without splitting it and do not crush or chew it. Swallow all the mixture right away without chewing it. The dosage of this drug depends on the severity of your medical condition and your response to treatment.
To obtain greater benefits, take this medication daily and take it at the same time daily. Do not stop without consulting your doctor.
Some conditions may become worse if you stop taking them and you may experience symptoms such as mood swings, headaches, and tiredness.
It includes Venlafaxine hydrochloride equivalent to 37.5 mg, 75 mg, or 150 mg venlafaxine, cellulose, ethylcellulose, gelatin, hypromellose, iron oxide, and titanium dioxide.
- Before using this medication, let your pharmacist or doctor know about any medical history you might have including the things you are allergic to especially venlafaxine.
- Also, tell your doctor about the medical history of the family such as heart diseases or liver problems.
- Also, let your doctor know if you have medical conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, seizure disorder, or thyroid disease.
- The drug might cause dizziness so do not drive or do any other activity that may require alertness.
Some common side effects of this medication include:
- Abnormal dreams
- Anxiety or nervousness
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty sleeping
- Dryness of mouth
- Increased sweating
- Loss of appetite
- Vomiting and nausea
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Stomach pain or gas
- Nervousness (trembling or shaking)
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Weight loss
Keep in mind that your doctor has prescribed you this medication because its benefits to you are greater than the risk of side effects. Many people who use this medication do not have serious side effects.
However, if you undergo any serious side effects as mentioned below, notify your doctor right away.
- Easy bruising/bleeding
- Decreased interest in sex
- Changes in sexual ability
- Muscle cramps/weakness
- Shaking (tremor)
- Black/bloody stools
- Persistent cough
- Severe headache
- Shortness of breath
- Vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Unusual restlessness
- Loss of coordination
- Irregular heartbeat, severe dizziness
- Unexplained fever
- Twitching muscles